Monday, June 4, 2018

Important Blog Update!!

Alright guys, it’s finally here.. Today I leave for an 8 day stretch over the toughest, iciest, scariest, steepest, longest, wildest, and guaranteed to be the most beautiful section of the trail so far. There is also guaranteed to be no service, and at the end of it, I’m not even sure that I’ll have WiFi at Vermillion Valley Resort. 

This means it will be a long time until I can upload again, probably 9-12 days. By then, I will have summited  Mount Whitney, the highest point in the contiguous US, crossed the notorious Forrester Pass, the highest point on trail, and also 6 other big snowy passes on trail. I’m very excited but also cautious and am taking this stretch seriously. I have exit plans incase things go awry, and am taking enough food to get through anything. My little hiking squad is smart and amazing, and we’re gonna Shred the Gnar!!

Hang tight, and thanks for reading! 


3 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed following your blog. I feel super invested in your journey! Silly when I only met you once. :) If you need ANYTHING, please don't hesitate to contact me mom4apc@gmail.com. I'll be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes over the next week! PS...Hi Claire! ~Hummingbird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww it means so much to me! Hope you enjoyed the new blogs!

      Delete
  2. David just contacted us. He reached VVR safely but is unable to upload more blogs at this time. He should have a big batch to upload though by the time he reaches Tuolumne (Yosemite) on the 18th.

    ReplyDelete