Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Day 130, Zero Day!!

Today I slept in super hard in the comfiest bed in the world!! It feels so great to wake up knowing that you have no miles to hike and aside from a few “chores” your only mission is to eat and relax!! Check out wasn’t until 11am, and at 8 Manza and I and Google went to the Pancake House connected to the Inn to get some breakfast!


Yes I ate both of these plates as well as a hot chocolate. No I don’t regret any of it :)

After breakfast I went back to the room for of course a post-breakfast nap. It was hard to leave those sheets and get out into the outside world st 11am. At least it was a LOT warmer than yesterday! Verde, Cheesesteak, and Manza and I decided to walk down a half mile to the dorm style bunk room lodge we’d be staying in tonight. 


FARTZ


The lodge! 

This place was so cool! There are three stories plus a basement, a ping pong table, lawn games, tons of board games and puzzles, a full kitchen with lots of community food, and lots of cool antique hiking/snow gear hanging up on the walls all around! The entertainment room upstairs was such a cool hangout, and I found myself reading a random book I picked off the shelf.


Main hangout room (lightning is weird in photo)


About a woman’s experience hiking the trail in 1982!!!

I read about 60/300 pages in around an hour, and sooner than I realized it was almost noon! Time to eat again! We all headed back out the 1/2 mile back to “town” to go eat some great pizza! At the pizza cafe I found some really neat gloves that I bought since the holes in my current ones are getting pretty big!


My slices


Google’s whole pizza...


Stylin’!!

After lunch was all said and done, Manza and I headed back to the lodge. I showed him the ping pong table and we were instantly thrown into an epic game where we had some pretty impressive volleys! It was really fun to just do something purely recreational without any real purpose!


Manza headed back to the lodge


So fun!

The hosts came up and offered us a bunch of extra food that they had been cooking which was great! There was also a healthy hiker box there that I scored from a few times. That, plus Claire’s package and a small resupply from the store in town made for a great resupply! A big group of us got into a long game of Monopoly: National Parks!


Lucky Duck, Skywalker, Leg Day and Manza

Being as the game is in a lodge with many other games, it was missing a lot of pieces, but we made it work! We replaced missing property cards from the normal monopoly game that was there, and chose other random little items to be our player pieces. Manza won the game, and for some reason I had a really bad unlucky streak and went bankrupt first! Welp, can’t win em all! 


I played a chicken. He really wants to be an eagle..

Ah, what a fun day just hanging out with everyone and getting to relax and not walk too much! I only have 260 miles left to Canada! Woo-hoo!! 

Thanks for reading! 

2 comments:

  1. Hot tub must've been nice!
    Lodge looks awesome. I can't believe you lost at Monopoly. Soooooo unlike you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed at the lodge back in 2016. I got really lucky because all the rooms at the hotel were booked out (a wedding & weekend combined), and it was pouring with rain. The owner let a couple of us stay because Little Buddha had helped them build their deck the previous day. Such a killer place!
    - Gladiator

    ReplyDelete