Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Day 135, 25.4 miles!!

What a day! Doing over 25 miles in Washington is tough!! The morning was chilly but luckily I now have my mid layer top back thanks to Claire! It’s mice in the morning to have an option between wearing just a t-shirt or my puffy jacket! I started a steep climb and soon had great morning views! I kept seeing what I thought was Mt. Baker in the distance but is actually Glacier Peak!




A perfect water source!!


Morning huckleberries!


Glacier Peak! 


Fatty mush

I hiked by myself all day today and it was GREAT! The group that I hiked with through the last section was sad to split up but I just couldn’t wait to get back on trail! I enjoy taking it slower and am glad I did for the last few days with all the crazy elevation changes and the super pretty views, but today I felt like it was my time to ramp back up! 

There’s some bad rain coming for 5 days starting on Monday! Tuesday is calling for a 1/4 inch of rain during the day. I’m hoping I can get around this fire closure to Mazama or at least Stehekin by that time. That’ll depend if I pick up a little food from Holden Village which is on the upcoming PCT alternate.

A little over 10 miles into my day I took a spur trail to Pear Lake. The day was getting hot and multiple steep climbs had me itching for a swim! I saw Baby Blanket there! This was the first lake I’ve jumped in naked, and it felt so great! It was still very cold, but slightly warmer than the last few lakes!


Beautiful Pear Lake




Not sure how this pano will look on a computer!!

Baby Blanket is trying to finish by the 12th, so he continued on quickly. Aside from him I saw Croissant about 3 or 4 times throughout the day but besides him, no other thruhikers! It seems I’m in a little lull area right now which is crazy seeing how many hikers were at Snoqualmie and Stevens Pass! Anyway, I absolutely loved it!


Granite slide


So beautiful!!


Mushroom selfie


Red raspberries! 

Today I hit the 4,000km marker which was pretty cool. I also have around 170 miles left including all the additional miles that the two upcoming fire alternates will add. Less than 10 days woo-hoo! Man, it’s been such a crazy and wild ride! Anyways, more pictures!


Just a little hazy today




Hello marmot!!


Sun goes down early these days!





Today I just walked until after 7pm with no specific place to camp planned out. No group of people waiting at a place we said we’d all meet, just me and my two feet and my body deciding when and where to stop. I’ve hiked hundreds and hundreds of miles solo, walking alone everyday and camping alone every night. I forgot how nice that is! Excited to see the rest of Washington, and excited to wrap up this epic journey...

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. The water in these photos looked the most clear & inviting of all your pictures. And no mosquitoes?
    Your mushroomselfie made my day.
    Congrats on 4k km!

    ReplyDelete