Sunday, July 29, 2018

Day 96, Zero Day!!

Ahhhhhhh!! A zero day! A day to sleep in! A day to eat legitimately around 7 times if you count the occasional almost meal-sized snacking. I had such a good time just hanging out with my Mom and Byron and Maggie. There are soooooo many fires around Grants Pass that everything is just super super smoky and down in the town it is very very hot! 


Too many fires!! I’ll be hitting Crater Lake in about 4 days. That’s the small blue circle on the top relight section of the map, just under the Timber Crater 6 Fire... I’m expecting lots o smoke in that area from all the fires just west of there!

We went down to the church where mom works and I got to meet Larry, the one who has been giving her homemade beef jerky to send to me! It was cool to meet such a nice guy and of course he had more goods for me! We also went to WinCo and picked up a lot of bulk food and other goodies for the upcoming sections!


Bulk for daaaaaaays! (And this is just the candy section.. well, a 1/4 of it..)


I turned all this food..


And all these bars...


Into three 100 mile boxes!! Not too bad!

Aside from all that exciting stuff and eating a LOT, that’s really all that went on today. And I loved it! I was also finally able to catch up with my blogs and get them all posted. Tomorrow Byron will take me back to Callahan’s in the morning and I’m headed off back to the trail!

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time with your mom. Wasn’t sure if you knew but there’s a new place for hikers at the Adventist summer camp(Big Lake Youth Camp) near Sisters, Or.
    Loving reading your blog again. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete