Friday, August 10, 2018

Day 104, Zero Day

This morning I packed up my backpack and went over to the porch of the store to upload some blogs and wait until 7am so I could order some breakfast! Doobie and I played checkers while I ate a huge stack of three pancakes and a very hearty breakfast burrito. Oh, and a hot chocolate :) I be EATIN’!!


Doobie and our huge breakfast. I won both checkers games :)

I hung out and played more ladder toss and badminton, and at around 10:30am Claire arrived!! I introduced her to all the people there I knew, and then we headed out towards Wilammette Pass Inn. They were really cool and let us check in early. I was able to shower and wash my hair in time for it to dry for the night. I got to do laundry for very cheap ($1.50!), and they even had soap there I could use so I didn’t have to buy any. Since the only clothes that I have are my hiking clothes, Claire came through with the loaner clothes.


I think she looks a lot better in her clothes than I do...

We went to Odell Lake Lodge for lunch (on the other side of the lake from Shelter Cove). Again I ate a ridiculous amount of food there. The only food that survived long enough for a picture was the gigantic marionberry chalice I had for desert!



Back at the Inn we picked out a movie for the evening from their huge selection of VHS cassettes. We went with Castaway! Let me just say, after being stranded for four years on a deserted island, Tom Hanks still looks a lot better than me after just 3 1/2 months on the PCT!! (He’s also a lot better at catching fish with a throwing spear than I am with my trekking pole, haha)

Well, I got to spend the day having fun and just relaxing with my girl! I’m so glad she made the 3hr trip down from Portland to see this stink-bag! It’s been a nice zero day for sure. Tomorrow, more relaxing, but also resupply and hitting the trail again!

Thanks for reading!! 

3 comments:

  1. Cool, you made it to my happy place. Your dinner spot was where we were 2 weeks ago. Down along the lake, past the marina, are 2 cabins with docks. My family owned the first one during my growing up years as a kid. We spent our summers ups there on the water and our winters up there Nordic skiing around there and alpine skiing at Willamette Pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Claire’s clothes. I had to do a double take.

    ReplyDelete