Friday, August 31, 2018

Day 127, 26.6 miles

I woke up nice and warm under the trees. I was super super lazy and actually left camp last out of everyone that camped there. Dewey Lake was super beautiful, as was the rest of my day! I’m not going to say too much about the actual hiking as I hiked solo for most of the day like always. I will let the pictures speak for themselves! There was a lot of ridge hiking as well as some burn areas later in the day, enjoy the photos!!


Dewey Lake






Google floating through Washington like...


Ahhhh!!


Captured by Verde


Sheep Lake (sorry for the lines!)








See Rainier?




Verde


Crystal Mountain Ski Area


I want to come snowboard it in the winter!


Rainier over a burn








Sweet burn on a sandy ridge


Super red trees



During the day everyone who I saw kept talking about a cabin that they were all headed to tonight. I figured I’d check it out! At around 7:00pm I showed up to the Mike Urich cabin. It’s an old restored cabin maintained by a snowmobiling club which is open to the public and us PCT hikers! There were so many people there when I showed up!


Sorry for the lines...

About 7 of us decided to stay upstairs in the cabin and about 10 more people stayed outside of the cabin in their tents in the woods around it. It’s like a weird bottleneck of people that I’ve caught up with in the last few days. It almost feels like we’re in town but we’re 50 miles away from both White Pass and Snoqualmie! There’s no electricity in the cabin, so we were all in bed by around 8:45pm once it was dark out. 


Verde’s lamp; a phone flashlight under a bottle

Today was so dang beautiful! It really made me so happy to be here in Washington. I feel very lucky to have such nice weather for late August. I hope this streak continues into September for me! Again, sorry for being so lazy with the writing but it was such a long day and I’m sooooo tired!

Thanks for reading! 

3 comments:

  1. I like the picture of the grouping of mushrooms at the top 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal is a great mountain, I skied there a couple years ago. -GoalTech

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cabin looks like a fun place to gather. Great pics!!!

    ReplyDelete