Friday, August 10, 2018

Day 105, 3.2 miles

Today I got to SLEEP IN!! Woo-hoo!! Man, what a comfy bed! It was really hard to leave the Inn and even think about going back to sleeping on the ground on a 1/4 inch piece of foam, but I gotta get back out there! Claire and I left and headed over to the small town of Crescent, about 15 miles East. We went to the only restaurant in town, and then went to the Dollar General next door where I did a complete resupply for $40!

From there we headed back west to Crescent Lake, which is right next to the Willamette Inn. The water was pretty warm and we found a nice sandy spot where Claire could go in for a dip and I could take a lazy food-coma-power-nap in the shade. 


My beautiful Bebita at the beach

After that we headed back over to Shelter Cove to split a beer and see if there were any other hikers I knew there before getting back on trail. I saw a lot of people! Happy, Goatman, Happy Feet, Sunshine, Amy and Jamie, Pants, and Doobie just to name a few!! Claire and I shared our big beer and chatted for a while before she took me back out to the trailhead.


Happy and his Happy Cider!


A selfie I took of Claire and I back at the trailhead

It sucked to say goodbye, as I had so much fun with Claire today and yesterday, but I’m only about 10 days from Cascade Locks, where I’ll get picked up and taken into Portland, to spend a couple days at home, resupply and send some Washington boxes, and watch Claire perform in the finale performance of Guys and Dolls! 

I was thankful for the break and rest, and also for the inspiration to really crank out some big days now and get up into Washington well before September! I hiked only a little over three miles out, as I hit the trail around 6:30pm and camp spots were limited up ahead. I got a cool view of Odell Lake before I crossed highway 58, and eventually found a nice flat spot for the night.


Odell Lake

Time to really crank out those miles! Canada here I come!! 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment