Monday, August 6, 2018

Day 97, 33.0 miles!!!

I reluctantly woke up and had to leave the super comfy bed at moms. I’m gonna miss that bed! I said bye to mom since she had to work in the morning, and Byron and I left the house by 5:45am to head back to Callahan’s! For breakfast I had another huge container of watermelon all to myself! Getting my fruit and water at the same time! 

It was actually quite nice and cool back at the trailhead, though unfortunately very very smokey! Within the first couple miles of climbing, I came to a point that seemed to be a viewpoint, but this is all I saw:


Whew!!


So smokey you could look at the sun!! (Jk, I didn’t)

The trail itself was pretty good. There was only slights up and downs all day, with no major climbs or anything over a couple miles up or down. I felt so refreshed and it actually stayed cool today for the most part; I was FLYING!!


Pilot Knob


Haze Valley?

I saw very few hikers today, which was actually pretty nice. There was a trail register on trail and I discovered that some people I know are only a day or two ahead! It seems like Tumbleweed and Vortex signed that register sometime today, Daddy was through yesterday, and Alright and Omri two days ago! Even though I took a nice zero I’m still catching up! 


Deluxe lunch


Beautiful 


Not so beautiful... haha

There’s not much else to say about today! The air quality seemed to get a little better the further I got away from Ashland. I do know that there are many more fires to come in the next couple weeks, I just hope they’re not too bad!!


Cool lake outlet waterfall


Me?!

I found a nice little campsite after a long 30+ mile day! I’m super super tired and am planning on a full 8 hours of sleep tonight, yay! Well, at least I’m going to try. There are 4 super noisy hikers that rolled in and it’s 9pm and they’re still talking extra loud.. One thing that is a little concerning is that my left ankle hurts super super bad and is very sensitive to the touch. I didn’t feel it at all while hiking, and only noticed it when I stopped. It doesn’t look inflamed or swollen, so that’s good, and hopefully it feels better in the morning! 

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment